It’s been a year, huh? Lots of terrible and lots of wonderful. I am going to focus on the latter, and remember to be grateful for all of the positive people that I’m certain will be here well into 2018 and beyond, holding me up, loving me, and making this world a truly delightful place. I am lucky to have such a wonderful family, so many deep friendships, and the previously unimaginable love of the perfect partner for me.
I’m going to dedicate this mix to two people who didn’t even exist when we rang in 2017 – my niece Penny and my goddaughter Emelyn. (As an atheist, that’s a title I sure never thought I’d get!) May they always feels so loved and able to look at each new year as being filled with opportunity, adventure, new connections, and surprises.
Hope you all have a wonderful 2018 and feel as lucky and loved as I do right now.
That’s it for the 2017 season. See you in a few months!
Tracklist (and where you can get these songs for yourselves):
- The Head and the Heart – What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?
- Allo’ Darlin’ – Will You Please Spend New Year’s Eve With Me?
- Mac McCaughan – Happy New Year (Prince Can’t Die Again)
- The Dismemberment Plan – The Ice of Boston
- The Big Moon – Happy New Year
- Casiotone for the Painfully Alone – New Year’s Kiss
- Hey Rosetta – New Year Song
- Bert Jansch – The Bright New Year
- Chris Burkhardt – Dancing on New Year’s Day
- The Zombies – This Will Be Our Year
- Jimmy Jules & The Nuclear Soul System – The New Year
- Bing Crosby – On The Very First Day of the Year
- Edna Savage – Maybe This Year
- Vera Lynn – The Happiest New Year of All
- Roy Milton Solid Serenaders – New Year’s Resolution Blues
- Mary Harris – Happy New Year Blues
- Chris Farren – Happier New Year
- Jo Anne Campbell – Happy New Year Baby
- The Heartbeats – After New Year’s Eve
- Mary Chapin Carpenter – New Year’s Day
- Regina Spektor – New Year
- Andrew Bird – Auld Lang Syne