I know it’s not really almost Christmas yet, but it’s (Canadian) Thanksgiving this weekend and only a few more weeks until the start of the holiday season proper (after Halloween). I have been waiting for this for an awfully long time. In fact, throughout the year I’ve discovered all kinds of gems I’ve been excited to share.
So my first 2018 mix is a compilation of 45s I picked up at Kops (the Danforth location). This is a great record store, and truly holds the best collection of Christmas music I’ve seen. If you’re in Toronto and care about Christmas music even an eighth as much as I do, you’ve got to pay them a visit.
I hope you’ll enjoy these seasonal treasures as much as I do!
If you have a favourite record store for Christmas finds, please tell me about it in the comments!
And Happy Thanksgiving!
- Christmas Alphabet – The McGuire Sisters
- The Happy Reindeer – Dancer, Prancer and Nervous, The Singing Reindeer
- Phroomf – Little Apples
- Christmas Kiddie Polka – The Kent Harlan Orchestra and Chorus
- There’s A Hole in My Christmas Stocking – The Keith Richards Orchestra
- Disco Santa – Winston Hewitt
- Santa Mouse – Bob Morrison
- Holiday Hootenanny – Paul & Paula
- Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin’ – Mack Rice
- Light You Up Like a Christmas Tree – Jimmy Lewis
- Hardrock, Coco, and Joe – The Les Tucker Singers
- Santa Jaws, Part 1 – Homemade Theatre
- The Cowboys Christmas Ball – Michael Martin Murphey
- Mommy Look, Santa is Crying – Stonewall Jackson
- Colorado Christmas – The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band