For many people, Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the holiday season. Where I come from (Canada), Thanksgiving takes place in October (and we just call it “Thanksgiving,” not “Canadian Thanksgiving”), so I like to think that’s when everyone can feel unashamed to begin blasting their holiday music.
A big part of both Thanksgiving and Christmas involves getting together with family and friends and eating a feast. So with my first mix of the 2017 season, I am celebrating the delicious (and not so delicious) food that brings us together.
Tracklist (and where you can get these delicious songs for yourselves)!
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band – Christmas Dinner
- The Irish Rovers – Miss Fogarty’s Christmas Cake
- The Chieftains – The Boar’s Head Carol
- Casey MacGill – Egg Nog
- Dar Williams – The Christians and the Pagans
- Paul and Storm – Grandma’s Christmas Dinner
- The New Christy Minstrels – Parson Brown (Our Christmas Dinner)
- Bob Rivers – It’s the Most Fattening Time of the Year
- The Muppets – Christmas Smorgasborg
- Bing Crosby – Christmas Dinner Country Style
- Max Miller – the Christmas Dinner
- Mary Chapin Carpenter – Thanksgiving Song
- Hawksley Workman – Almost a Full Moon